Passing The Test
Essentials Passes Even the Strictest Testing
The Carpet and Rug Institute Awarded Mohawk FloorCare Essentials the Seal of Approval
It wasn’t easy, but we made the cut — and Mohawk FloorCare Essentials has been approved!
Successful completion of the Carpet and Rug Institute Seal of Approval program is no easy task.
In testing spot removers for cleaning effectiveness, a multitude of criteria are examined through scientifically–accredited cleaning standards in CRI and independent laboratories. These factors include:
- Overall cleaning effectiveness: The product removes soil and spots.
- Rate of resoiling: The product does not attract dirt to the cleaned areas faster than the rest of the carpet.
- pH: Carpet dyes and fibers are not adversely affected.
- Surface texture change: The product must leave the carpet pile minimally changed after repeated cleanings.
- Optical brighteners: None are allowed, as they can leave some patches of carpet lighter than the rest.
- Colorfastness: The products must not be so aggressive that they cause a color change in the carpet.
After this thorough cross–examination, we are proud to say that FloorCare Essentials products wear the CRI Approved Seal. It’s one more reminder of the care we put into providing you with cleaning technology of the highest quality.
Monday - Friday 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Saturday 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM